Summary: How to update the Velocity APK on the VTP-1000VL
- Download and install Platform Tools for your OS (Windows, Mac, or Linux)
- Download the APK from soon to be provided link
- Ensure your computer and the Velocity Touch Panel are on the same network
Note: The instructions below should work for both Windows and macOS.
2. Connect with ADB
- For Windows users, I would recommend extracting the Platform Tools folder to the root C: drive.
- Move the APK into the Platform Tools folder as well. This will make locating the file easier.
3. Connect with ADB
- Windows: In a terminal window (Command Prompt on Windows), navigate to the Platform Tools folder you have extracted:
- Hint: You can right-click the folder location and click copy to make this faster
- Type the following command:
adb connect [touch panel IP address]:5555
adb connect 10.0.0.80:5555
4. Install the APK
- In the terminal window, type the command
adb install -r --user 0 "path to file"
- Replace the "path to file" with the actual path to the file. You can use the above-mentioned Hint to copy the file path.
- Windows - If you have placed the APK in the platform-tools folder:
adb install -r --user 0 c:\platform-tools\velocity.apk
adb install -r --user 0 /users/username/Downloads/velocity.apk
- You do not need to uninstall the APK first.
- Installing the new APK will over-write the old APK.
- No programming/custom UI's will be lost. All settings are stored in a separate file.