This is currently an internal article on how to recover a WAVE-101 unit. We will publish this article to the public should we see a need for customers to run this recovery process.
- (1) AT-WAVE-101 running FW 1.0.0
- (1) 8+ GB USB Drive
- We recommend a USB 3.0 drive
- We recommend using SanDisk, as all SanDisk USB drives we've tested have worked without errors and with a very fast upload speed 1
- PC (Windows, macOS, Linux)
- AT-WAVE-101 Image File found here: https://atlonainc.box.com/s/18xxtmawwcfbgdo8dpp8injjoas9rw80
- Note that the file must be .hddimg
- Etcher (Windows, macOS, Linux), found here: https://www.balena.io/etcher/
- HDMI cable
Prepare the USB Drive
- Download the AT-WAVE-101 Recovery Image to a PC
- Connect the USB Drive to the PC
- Run Etcher
- Select the downloaded AT-WAVE-101 Recovery Image
- Select the connected USB Drive
- Click the Flash! button
- Once complete, you will see Flash Complete!
Loading the Recovery Image
- Disconnect Power from the AT-WAVE-101
- Connect the USB Recovery Drive to the USB 3.0 port on the front of the WAVE-101 2
- Reconnect Power to the AT-WAVE-101
- If the unit is connected to a display, you should see a progress bar loading.
Note: Do not disconnect power during this process. Doing so may result in damage to the unit.
- After 15-20 minutes the progress bar will complete and the display will show a black screen. 2
- Disconnect power, wait 15 - 20 seconds, and then reconnect power to the AT-WAVE-101
Once completed, please check here for the latest AT-WAVE-101 Firmware
If you continue to experience issues with your unit after following this USB Recovery Process, please reach out to Atlona Technical Support on your existing Support Ticket, or create a new one by emailing email@example.com or calling (408) 962-0515, and a Technical Support Engineer will assist you further.
1: Occasionally, a USB drive will not work, other times the boot partition read speed may be very slow (1kbps). In these cases, we recommend trying another USB Drive.
2: You can use the USB 2.0 port but the length of time you need to wait will be dependent upon the speed of the USB drive being used for the recovery process.