SKU: AT-UHD-SW-510W & AT-OME-MS52W
Subject: AT-UHD-SW-510W & AT-OME-MS52W USB Recovery
This guide describes the AT-UHD-SW-510W/AT-OME-MS52W USB recovery process. Please follow the steps in this guide to recover your AT-UHD-SW-510W/AT-OME-MS52W that is inaccessible and may have front panel LEDs cycling up and down.
- (1) AT-UHD-SW-510W or AT-OME-MS52W running FW 1.1.0+
- (1) 8+ GB USB Drive
- We recommend using SanDisk, as all SanDisk USB drives we've tested have worked without errors and with a very fast upload speed
- PC (Windows, macOS, Linux)
- AT-UHD-SW-510W/AT-OME-MS52W Recovery Image found here: https://atlonainc.box.com/s/9fhceio49aofkvhfci8tbxu37cu3l8dg
- Note that the file extension must be .img.gz
- Etcher (Windows, macOS, Linux), found here: https://www.balena.io/etcher/
- HDMI cable
- 2-3 hours of time
Prepare the USB Drive
- Download the AT-UHD-SW-510W/AT-OME-MS52W Recovery Image to a PC
- Connect the USB Drive to the PC
- Run Etcher
- Select the downloaded AT-UHD-SW-510W Recovery Image
- Select the connected USB Drive
- Click the Flash! button
- Once complete, you will see Flash Complete!
Loading the Recovery Image
- Disconnect Power from the AT-UHD-SW-510W/AT-OME-MS52W
- Connect the USB Recovery Drive to the USB AUX port on the AT-UHD-SW-510W/AT-OME-MS52W
- Reconnect Power to the AT-UHD-SW-510W/AT-OME-MS52W
- If the unit is connected to a display, a white splash screen will appear with the message “Loading Recovery Image”
Note: If this message is on screen for more than 5 minutes, then restart the process with another USB Drive. 1
Do not disconnect power during this process. Doing so may result in damage to the unit.
- After 2 hours (the splash screen will either show that the process has completed, or will simply be a black screen) remove the USB drive from the AT-UHD-SW-510W/AT-OME-MS52W
Even if there is only a black screen, you must wait the full 2 hours. Waiting longer will ensure a successful recovery.
- Disconnect power, wait 15 - 20 seconds, and then reconnect power to the AT-UHD-SW-510W/AT-OME-MS52W
*Note: The AT-UHD-SW-510W and the AT-OME-MS52W use the same firmware update file.
If you continue to experience issues with your unit after following this USB Recovery Process, please reach out to Atlona Technical Support on your existing Support Ticket, or create a new one by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (408) 962-0515, and a Technical Support Engineer will assist you further.
1: Occasionally, a USB drive will not work as observed with a PNY 128GB USB 3.0 drive. Other times the boot partition read speed may be very slow (1kbps). In these cases, we recommend trying another USB Drive. The length of time you need to wait will be dependent upon the speed of the USB drive being used for the recovery process. A slower drive could take more than an hour.
Article ID: KB01489