SKU: Any Atlona product
Subject: How to copy a display's EDID to a file on a PC
Explanation: To copy a display's EDID to a file on a PC for advanced diagnostic review by our product expert group, please follow these steps:
- Connect the display whose EDID you'd like to copy.
- Using a Windows PC, download Monitor Asset Manager (MonInfo).
- Downloading the file will give you an option to rename the program file and save it to a location of your choosing. By default, the installer is named "mi_setup.exe" and in this example, the download location is "This PC > Downloads".
- Run mi_setup.exe to install MonInfo to your PC.
- Open MonInfo.
- You will see this window:
- In the Display IDs section, you will find a list of all displays that have been connected to this PC.
- The currently connected display(s) will say "Real-time" in the Display IDs window:
- Select a currently connected display to view the Asset Information in the right hand pane:
- Verify that the Model name is the correct model display whose EDID you wish to copy.
- Once you have verified that the currently selected Display is correct, choose File > Save as... to save the EDID to your PC.
- Choose the directory to which you'd like to save the EDID file, and rename the file (preferably to the Model of the display):
You have now successfully saved the EDID for your display to a file on your PC, which you can then send to us for advanced diagnostic review.
Article ID: KB01458