Updating the firmware can be completed using either the Web UI or the mini-USB interface. Atlona recommends using the Web UI to update firmware, but if a network connection is not available, the AT-HD-SC-500 firmware can be updated using a USB-A to USB mini-B cable.
- Firmware file
- Connect an ethernet cable from the computer containing the firmware to the same network on which the AT-HDSC-500 is connected.
- Navigate to the device Web UI and access the Network page
- Click the Choose File button under the Firmware Update section.
- Browse to the location of the firmware file, select it, and click the Open button.
- Click the Update button.
- The following dialog will be displayed.
- Click the OK button to begin the firmware update process. Click the Cancel button to cancel the process.
- The update process will take ~60 seconds and will automatically reboot the AT-HD-SC-500.
- After the firmware update process is complete, the Login screen will be displayed.
- Firmware file: HDSC-500-FW-[version].BIN
- Computer running Windows
- USB-A to USB mini-B cable
- Disconnect power from the AT-HD-SC-500.
- Connect the USB-A to USB mini-B cable from the computer to the FW port on the AT-HD-SC-500.
- Press and hold the DISPLAY key on the front panel while connecting power to the AT-HD-SC-500.
- The USB UPDATE folder will be displayed.
If this folder is not displayed automatically, select the USB UPDATE drive from Windows Explorer.
- Delete all files from the USB UPDATE drive if any are present.
- Drag-and-drop the HDSC-500-FW-[version].BIN firmware file to the drive.
- After the file has been copied, disconnect the USB cable from both the computer and the AT-HD-SC-500.
- Power-cycle the AT-HD-SC-500 by disconnecting and reconnecting the power supply.
- The firmware update process is complete.