SKUs: AT-HDVS-200-TX, AT-HDVS-200-TX-WP, AT-HDVS-200-RX
Scenario: You do not have the access to a DHCP router and need to set a static IP address on AT-HDVS-200 units
The AT-HDVS-200 system ships with DHCP enabled by default. This means an IP address should be automatically issued to the Atlona device from a DHCP enabled router you connect it to. If you want to turn this feature off and use a static IP address, please use the steps below:
PLEASE NOTE: Do not connect LAN to both the TX and RX units at the same time, only connect LAN to one component (TX or RX) and the other connected device will get an IP address via DHCP. Connecting LAN to both ends of the system can cause your network to fail.
To enable static IP:
If you already have access to the web interface of the HDVS unit, access it and under the “system” tab you can change the IP settings:
- Using a RS232 cable and terminal emulator such as HTerm connect to the HDVS-200-TX or RX
- Port settings are: 115200 baud rate, 8 bit, 1 stop bit, no parity, no flow-control
- Confirm your serial program will send commands with a carriage return (enable this setting)
- Send the “IPDHCP off” command (followed by the carriage return):
You should see feedback under received data confirming that DHCP is off.
- With DHCP turned off, you are now able to set a static IP address of your choosing
- Send following command “IPStatic xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy zzz.zzz.zzz.zzz” for X use your desired IP address, for Y use your networks subnet mask, for Z use your networks default gateway. I.e. 192.168.1.10 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.11
- After following these steps, you should now be able to access the switch using the new static IP address.
If you do not have the option sending RS232 commands to the unit, you can set a default IP address by doing the following:
- Press and hold the “Auto” button for 15 seconds on the RX or “Input” on the TX or TX-WP
Please note: only one side of the HDVS kit requires LAN connectivity and the other side will get an address through the HDBaseT connection. Do not connect LAN to both sides at the same time.
- The IP address will be set to the default address of: 192.168.1.254, subnet: 255.255.0.0 gateway: 192.168.1.1
- You can now use the webGUI of the HDVS unit you just set to the default IP to set a new IP address under the “System” tab
For information on setting up IP on an HDVS-200 system using DHCP see this article
Article ID: KB01132