Description: RS-232 zones explained
- The RS232 zones start with phoenix ports 1-7.
- The RS-232 zones continue with the HDBT ports.
- The RS-232 ports are bi-directional and you can control a display or a device in the rack.
- You can send RS-232 commands with TCP/IP control as well.
- “Master” is the port for an RS-232 controller to connect and control the console as well as send zone commands to ancillary devices.
Example command for controlling a display
Sends RS-232 strings through HDBT output 1 (Zone 10) to a compatible RX unit or directly to an HDBT input of a projector
52 53 32 33 32 7A 6F 6E 65 31 30 5B 50 57 52 20 4F 4E 0D 5D 0D
Note 1: If you want to control a source or anything else in the rack you can specify any phoenix port in the zone commands using zones 1-7
Note 2: You can also use input HDBT inputs (Zones 8 and 9) to send strings to an HDBT TX unit
Article ID: KB01312