SKU: AT-UHD-EX-70-2PS, AT-UHD-EX-70C-KIT, AT-UHD-EX-100CE-KIT, AT-UHD-EX-100CEA-KIT, AT-HDR-EX-70-2PS, AT-HDR-EX-70C-KIT, AT-HDR-EX-100CEA-KIT, AT-UHD-EX-70-2PS-TX, AT-UHD-EX-70C-TX, AT-UHD-EX-100CE-TX, AT-UHD-EX-100CEA-TX, AT-HDR-EX-70-2PS-TX, AT-HDR-EX-70C-TX, AT-HDR-EX-100CEA-TX, AT-UHD-EX-70-2PS-RX, AT-UHD-EX-70C-RX, AT-UHD-EX-100CE-RX, AT-UHD-EX-100CEA-RX, AT-HDR-EX-70-2PS-RX, AT-HDR-EX-70C-RX, AT-HDR-EX-100CEA-RX, AT-UHD-EX-100CE-TX-PD, AT-UHD-EX-100CE-RX-PSE, 100CER-PoE-EXT, AT-HDVS-200-RX, AT-HDVS-200-TX-WP, AT-HDVS-200-TX-WP-BLK, AT-OME-TX21-WP-E, AT-HDVS-SC-RX, AT-HDVS-210H-TX-WP, AT-HDVS-210U-TX-WP, AT-HDVS-150-RX, AT-HDVS-150-TX, AT-HDVS-150-TX-WP, AT-HDVS-200-KIT, AT-HDVS-150-KIT, AT-HDVS-150-TX-WP-UK, 4K-HDVS-WP-EXT, AT-UHD-HDVS-300-KIT, UHD-HDVS-300-KIT-C, AT-UHD-HDVS-300-RX, 4K-HDVS-EXT, AT-HDVS-TX-WP, AT-HDVS-RX, AT-HDVS-KIT, AT-OPUS-RX, AT-OPUS-46M, AT-OPUS-68M, AT-OPUS-810M
Subject: What does a flashing/blinking LINK LED light mean?
Explanation: Our extender kits are comprised of a transmitter (TX) and a receiver (RX) which each have a LINK LED light.
These LED lights should normally be illuminated solid when a good (working) CAT5e or better cable is connected between the TX and RX and the units are capable of passing signal to each other. For the Opus series, a flashing link light could also indicate a bad HDMI connection between the display device and the Opus-RX.
If you notice that the LINK LED is flashing, this might mean there is a communication error between the TX and RX. Please consider trying the troubleshooting below:
- Try another known working CAT5e or cable between the TX and RX. You can use a cable of any length above 3 ft. / 1 m. A great way to be certain the cable works is to test with another working extender kit, if available.
- If another cable does not provide a solid link light, try moving the units away from their current location and test them in an environment away from any sources of electromagnetic interference, such as electrical wires, large appliances, walkie-talkies, or other radio devices. Unshielded cables can pick up interference from these devices and this can cause link issues.
- Another great test if you have another working kit is to swap the questionable kit with the kit that is known to be working.
- The HDR-EX series units feature a built-in HDBaseT tester.
- AT-HDR-EX-70-2PS Software and Manual
- AT-HDR-EX-70C-KIT Software and Manual
- AT-HDR-EX-100CEA-KIT Software and Manual
- Perform the steps outlined in the software’s instructions to test your cable run.
- KB01274 - How to use and interpret the AT-HDR-EX-70-2PS HDBaseT Analyzer
- If using the Opus series, try a different HDMI cable and disable the power-saving features of your display.
- If the above troubleshooting has been completed and you are still experiencing issues with your Atlona extender, please contact Atlona Technical Support for more assistance.
Article ID: KB01284