SKUs: AT-UHD-CLSO-840, AT-HDVS-200-TX, AT-HDVS-200-TX-WP, AT-HDVS-200-TX-WP-PSK
Subject: Using AT-UHD-CLSO-840 with AT-HDVS-200-TX(-WP) for RS-232 Control
Solution: To send commands from the AT-HDVS-200-TX(-WP) through an HDBaseT output on the AT-UHD-CLSO-840 for display control, you will need to configure the AT-HDVS-200-TX (or AT-HDVS-200-TX-WP) with the zone command for the AT-UHD-CLSO-840. Inside the brackets for that zone command, you will enter your display’s commands.
For this example:
- TV’s ASCII RS-232 command = “PW 1”– Baud rate = 115200
- AT-HDVS-200-TX used on the input of the AT-UHD-CLSO-840
- AT-UHD-EX-100CE-RX used on the output of the AT-UHD-CLSO-840
- The display we want to control is on HDBaseT output 3 (Zone 4) of the AT-UHD-CLSO-840
- Connect to the WebGUI of the AT-HDVS-200-TX (for instructions on connecting to the WebGUI click here):
- Navigate to the “Display” page
- Scroll down to the “RS-232/IP Commands” section and enter your command. Since it will be passing from the AT-HDVS-200-TX through the AT-UHD-CLSO-840, it will be a zone command. Since we are sending the command out of output 3 (Zone 4) to send the PW 1 command, we will use the following syntax:
- RS232zone4[PW 1]<carriage return>
- You can modify the feedback to specify whatever you want the system to report when the PW 1 command is received
- Note: If the display command also requires a carriage return, you would convert the string to HEX and then enter 0D for carriage return:
- RS232zone4[PW 1<carriage return>]<carriage return> = 52 53 32 33 32 7A 6F 6E 65 34 5B 50 57 20 31 0D 5D 0D
- Log into the WebGUI of the AT-UHD-CLSO-840, navigate to the “Control” page, and confirm that baud rate settings match your display. Instructions for logging into the WebGUI can be found in the manual. Be sure to save any changes you make, as the settings won’t take effect unless saved.
OPTIONAL CONFIGURATION SETTINGS:
- If you want to send the power on command whenever an active signal is detected and send a power off command whenever no signal is detected, you would manage those settings on the “Display” page of the AT-HDVS-200-TX WebGUI as well:
- Set Display Auto Power On to ENABLED
- Set Display Auto Power Off to ENABLED
- Auto Power Off Timer is the duration you want AT-HDVS-200-TX system to remain on before sending your display an off command.
- Control Type should be set to match method of control used (RS-232, in this example)
- Display Mode should be DispSW Avon (Display is switched on/off while video remains on)
Article ID: KB01258