SKU: Atlona HDBaseT Extenders:
Subject: Unable to get video or audio to pass through the extenders (not using Cisco/Scientific Atlanta)
Troubleshooting: If you are having issues with video playback through your Atlona devices, there are a few things to check:
- Many Atlona HDBaseT extenders have a dedicated power and link LED light on them. This helps in confirming if there is power at the device as well as an established link. Please check that your device shows a solid GREEN (power) and solid AMBER (link):
- If you have a solid link and solid power on both the transmitter and receiver sides of your extender set, you appear to have a good connection.
- If you are utilizing patch panels, connecting blocks or punch downs, please try a single CAT cable (can be any distance under the specified limitations of the Atlona device) to see if video/audio pass over that. If it does, you may want to check your original cable run’s connections.
- If you have only tested the Atlona devices with a single source and display, please consider trying another source to see if there might have been compatibility issues with the first one tried. Please consider trying the extenders on another TV/projector/computer screen to see if video/audio is displayed without issue. It’s recommended to try different types of devices, such as a Blu-Ray player and a cable box versus trying two of the same type of device to ensure there are no specific compatibility issues causing video/audio playback errors.
- If no combination of sources/displays works, consider checking the HDMI cables being used in the system. Even brand new cables can be faulty so it’s recommended to use known good (previously tested) HDMI cables and eliminating any HDMI run of over 30ft on the input or output.
- Lastly, if you have a solid link and power light on the extender set but are unable to get any variety of sources, displays, HDMI and CAT cables to work, please check that the sources you are attempting to use will work on the display/projector in the same HDMI port being used with the Atlona extenders. If this does not playback video, it might point to an issue with the display itself.
If you still have issues with your Atlona devices after trying the steps above. Please contact Atlona Technical Support for more assistance.
Article ID: KB01194