SKU: Any Atlona product which can be updated via USB
Subject: How to put a Windows 8 or Windows 10 PC into safe mode for updating a device's firmware via USB
To operate windows 8 and windows 10 in safe mode please use following steps:
1. Press windows key on your computer and then right click on this logo . You will see following options.
2. click "Restart"
3. You will see following options on next screen, Click on "Troubleshoot" tile.
4. Click on "Advanced options" button
5. Click "Startup Settings" option
6. Under “Start-up Settings” click "Restart" (It will reboot the screen)
7. More boot options are displayed. Select "F5" button (This will start Safe mode with Networking)
8. Do firmware update with USB method by following normal process on PDF file that comes with firmware file.
9. Once you are done with the update simply restart the computer and it will boot normally.
Article ID: KB01157