This article will cover how to set up your iOS device (iPad or iPhone) to control Velocity.
- You will need to know your iOS device IP address.
- If you do not know your IP address, it can typically be found in settings -> WIFI -> 'Your network connection.'
- Ensure your device is set to static or has a reservation on the network so it does not change.
- If your IP address changes on your iOS device, it will no longer control Velocity.
- You should already have a room set up in Velocity.
- Please check out the link below if you need assistance setting up a room first.
Tip: You may need to do a quick google search to find the correct settings on your device.
Step One - A - Adding a control panel to your room
- Click the add technology button
Step One - B - Adding a control panel to your room
- Search iOS in the search bar and hit enter
- Click Add to the iOS control panel
Step Two - A - Configuring your iOS device in Velocity
- Click Edit Room Device (The pencil icon) on the iOS card that you just added to your room.
Step Two - B - Configuring your iOS device in Velocity
- Enter the Alias of what you would like this control panel to be called. (optional)
- Enter the IP Address of your iOS device you would like to use for control.
- Make sure 'Sync to' is set to control, it is set this way by default as well.
- For Control Template you will want to select what plan on programming or have already programmed -
- Template 1 - Default
- Custom UI
- Click SAVE after you have double-checked the information above.
Step Three - A - Configuring your iOS device with Safari
- In a web browser, enter the IP address of your Velocity gateway.
- You should be brought to the control screen we just set up. The example is shown in the picture.
- Touch the Share button
Step Three - B - Configuring your iOS device with Safari
- Scroll down the screen until you see 'Add to Home Screen'
- Touch 'Add to Home Screen'
- Your iOS bookmark will appear like an app and bring your users right to the control interface.