SKU: All Opus Matrices
Subject: Changing EDID via front panel
Steps: Use the steps below to configure the EDID of an Opus matrix via the webGUI
For more about EDID please click here.
Steps: The Opus line of matrices have the ability to learn EDID from any of the HDBaseT outputs as long as the display/projector at these outputs is turned on and able to be “seen” by the matrix. You can tell which outputs can be learned as you will see the “Output EDID” section represent the name of the monitor. Below are the instructions to learning EDID on an opus matrix and how to apply this saved EDID to the inputs.
While the EDID learning process can be done through the front panel of the matrix, using the web interface is a much quicker and more efficient method.
- First, start by accessing the web interface of the matrix. For information on how to do this, please see this article.
- Once in the web-interface, locate the EDID tab on the left side of the screen under Configuration.
- After accessing the EDID settings you should see the following (this page may have a different # of inputs and outputs depending on which Opus model you have)
- The top of the EDID page shows all the available outputs which are essentially the TV’s/Projectors that are connected to the HDBaseT receivers being used. If we connect a display/projector to any output it should be recognized by the Matrix and will appear as an active output.
- The bottom of the EDID page shows the available inputs which is where you can make EDID changes. Such as using the “saved” EDID or one from the memory banks of the built-in EDID’s (i.e. 1080P 2ch).
- To learn EDID from an output, first go to the output settings to choose what output you want to learn EDID from by using the check box for that corresponding output:
- After choosing the output and saving this to a memory bank, click Save:
After pressing save you will see a message confirming the settings were saved successfully
- Once the EDID is saved to the memory, you can now go to the Input section to choose the saved EDID and apply it to your inputs:
- You will need to manually set all inputs for which you want to use this EDID (or others) and once you have set this to all inputs with the desired EDID, you can press “SAVE” to save these settings:
This completes the EDID learn and set up process for the Opus matrix.
Article ID: KB016778