SKU: Any Atlona product with IP control
Subject: How to open Command Prompt in various Windows OS's
Opening Command Prompt Via Windows 10:
- Click the Start button (or press the Windows key on your keyboard) and select All apps.
- If you are not using Win10, you will find the “All apps” button in the bottom left corner of your screen (it looks like three small lines)
- Locate the Windows System folder from the list of apps and select it (via a single click)
- In the Windows System folder, select “Command Prompt”
Opening Command Prompt Via Windows 8 (and 8.1):
- If you have a keyboard or mouse, hold the WIN and X keys at the same time or right-click on the START button and then select Command Prompt.
- Another method is to swipe up to show the Apps screen or click the down arrow icon at the bottom of the screen.
- If you are using a version of Win8 that is before 8.1, the Apps screen can be found by going to the Start screen (by swiping up from the bottom of the screen or right-clicking anywhere, then choosing All Apps)
Opening Command Prompt in Win 7, Vista or XP
- Click START (Windows XP) or the START button (Windows 7 or Vista)
- In Win7 and Win Vista, another method to get to Command Prompt is to ender “Command” in the search box that appears at the bottom of the START menu and then select “Command Prompt” when it appears as a search result.
- Click all programs and then Accessories
- Choose Command Prompt from the list of programs.
Article ID: KB01291