Subject: How to add an Atlona device, which has been set to a static IP address to AMS
To add a device to AMS (via Static):
- Start the AMS server. Please see this article for how to install the AMS software.
- Once AMS has been installed and started, click the "Start" button in the top left corner.
- Then click "Add Device" followed by "Manual". For an article on how to scan for and add devices to AMS (using DHCP) see this article.
- You should see:
- After clicking "Add" you will see a text box where you can enter the static IP address of the device you want to add. Please note, the computer running AMS will need to be on the same network as the device being added (the IP address of the computer should be in the same range as the Atlona):
- After clicking Save, the device should appear in the global view of AMS. If you have issues finding the device, please check the IP information of the device in question and confirm its static to a static address versus DHCP and the address entered is correct.
Article ID: KB01290