SKUs: AT-UHD-CLSO-840, AT-HDVS-150-TX-WP, AT-HDVS-150-TX, AT-HDVS-150-RX, AT-HDVS-200-TX, AT-HDVS-200-TX-WP, AT-HDVS-200-RX
Subject: Passing RS-232 commands through the AT-UHD-CLSO-840 to either an HDVS receiver or HDVS transmitter used on the HDBaseT input (transmitter) or HDBaseT output (receiver)
Solution: The AT-UHD-CLSO-840 can send serial commands from its RS-232 input to an HDBaseT input or output, which can be paired with an RS-232 enabled HDBaseT transmitter or receiver such as the AT-HDVS-150-TX-WP, AT-HDVS-150-TX, AT-HDVS-200-TX, AT-HDVS-200-TX-WP, AT-HDVS-150-RX, or the AT-HDVS-200-RX. Capabilities include sending a command to switch inputs on the AT-HDVS-150-TX-WP or sending a power on/off command to a display or projector used on the output of the AT-HDVS-200-RX.
- Connect your RS-232 cable to the RS-232 port of the AT-UHD-CLSO-840:
- Select which HDBaseT input or output to send the command through:
- Once you have decided which HDBaseT input or output to use, note the corresponding zone number (depicted above).
- You can send a command using a serial program or your control system.
- For example, to turn on a projector at output 3 (Zone 4), you would send the following command:
- RS232zone4[insert projector/display command here]<carriage return>
- If your display uses HEX commands, you can convert the string above to HEX and send it through the AT-UHD-CLSO-840
- For example, RS232zone4[PW 1]<carriage return>=52 53 32 33 32 7A 6F 6E 65 34 5B 50 57 20 31 5D 0D
- You could also send a command through the AT-UHD-CLSO-840 to switch inputs on a wall plate, such as the AT-HDVS-150-TX-WP. In this example, the wall plate is connected to input 6 (Zone 1) and we are switching to VGA:
- RS232zone1[WP_Input[Vga]$<carriage return>]<carriage return>
- You can adjust baud rate settings on the AT-UHD-CLSO-840 by logging into the WebGUI and navigating to the “Control” page. Steps to access the WebGUI can be found in the manual:
- You can adjust baud rate settings on the AT-HDVS-200-RX by logging into the WebGUI and visiting the RS-232 page. RS232 1 corresponds with RS-232 port 1 on the AT-HDVS-200-RX, and is used for display control:
- If you have any issues controlling your display, please make sure that your RS-232 cable on the HDBaseT receiver is correctly connected to your display, that your display is set to accept RS-232 control, and that baud rate and related parameters are set to match your display. You may need to specify a device ID on your display and include that in your commands, if applicable. Depending upon the RS-232 pinout of your projector and your serial cable, you may also need a null modem adapter.
- You can test the display commands by connecting your PC or control system directly to the display’s RS-232 port. If the display does not respond, please review the above steps.
- If you have tried the above steps and RS-232 communication still isn’t working, please contact Atlona Support for assistance.
Article ID: KB01259