Once you have downloaded the latest version of AMS:
- Locate the .zip file in the directory in which you downloaded AMS (most likely your “Downloads’ folder)
- Extract the downloaded .zip to a folder on your PC
- Open the extracted folder
- Run “AMS.exe”
When the installation wizard pops up, click “Next” to start the process.
AMS will auto-select to be installed within the C:\ drive. To change the destination for the installation, click the “Browse” button and select a directory in which to install AMS.
Note: It is recommended AMS be installed on the fastest drive e.g. If there is an SSD and HDD, it is recommended to use the SSD for fastest communication.
- Once a destination is selected, click “Install”.
The installer will prompt when the server license is required. Click the “Browse…” button and select the “License.dat” file from the extracted folder on the server computer.
Once the file is selected it will appear within the configuration window. Unless otherwise instructed to do so, do not check “Install as a Windows Service”. Click “Next” to continue.
A component selection screen will appear. Select what needs to be installed or set up.
Note: AMS is preselected and cannot be deselected during installation.
Click “Next” to continue installation.
- At the end of installation, the option to start the AMS server is available. Check the box to start the server, or uncheck the box to start the server at a later time, then click “Finish”.
- If the “Start Server” box is checked, a new screen will appear.
AMS will go through a checklist of server items and once all items have been verified, a success message will pop up and the server is started.
Note: If the server is stuck on ‘Checking for DB connection and Migration...’ then a DLL fix may need
- to be implemented.
Article ID: KB01003